Sunrise Guitars in Fayetteville, Arkansas is proud to carry the Eastman DT30OM Double Top acoustic guitar. The new Double Top Series might look familiar. On closer inspection, though, this instrument is anything but. To the eye, the Double Top seems like your classic flattop, traditional in the very best senses of the word. The ear however tells a different story. The Double Top’s sound is noticeably more resonant and responsive, with greater note clarity and balance. While still delivering all the tonal sensitivity and versatility players expect from an elite-quality acoustic, the guitar’s sheer sonic presence is undeniable.
The technique, developed over many years, reflects a concentrated effort to add backbone to lighter tone wood. To construct the Double Top body, a pair of one-millimeter-thin slices of spruce are joined with an equally thin strip of printed material called Nomex, which resembles a thin shaving of honeycomb. Nomex, a resinous substances patented by its maker, DuPont, was originally devised for use in the aerospace industry. On its own, the material is nearly weightless, composed almost entirely of air. Set upright between the pieces of spruce, it acts like a rigid wall, adding layers of density and depth.
- Neck Material:Mahogany
- Fingerboard Radius:12"
- Neck Profile:Traditional Even "C"
- Nut:Bone 1 3/4"
- Scale Length:24.9
- Bracings:Hand-Carved Scalloped X
- Body Top:Double Top Sitka Spruce w/ a Nomex Honeycomb Core
- Body Back/Sides:Solid Rosewood
- Bridge/Saddle:Ebony/Bone, 2-5/32" Spacing
- Truss Rod:Dual Acting
- Binding Material:Herringbone
- Logo:Pearl Headstock
- Inlay:Pearl Hallelujah
- Side Dot Color:Black
- Body Top Finish:Nitrocellulose
- Back/Sides Finish:Nitrocellulose
- Hardware Color:Gold
- Tuners:Gotoh SX 510
- Pickguard:Tortoise Shell Pro-Gaurd
- Strings:D'Addario .012 -.053 EXP16
- Action Height:12th fret 3/32" on the bass side and 2/32" on the treble side
- Case:Deluxe Hardshell Case