Sorry, this product is currently out of stock.
Sunrise Guitars in Fayetteville, Arkansas is proud to carry the Boss DS-1 Distortion pedal. The DS-1 Distortion is a true icon in the world of guitar effects. Introduced in 1978, BOSS’s first distortion pedal defined a bold new sound, delivering hard-edged attack and smooth sustain that’s been a staple of players for generations. The DS-1 is the top-selling BOSS compact pedal ever, and its original, unchanged design continues to inspire the creation of great music everywhere. The classic DS-1 tone is behind the signature sounds of numerous rock legends, and is ready to fuel your own signature sound today.
- Legendary distortion used by guitarists everywhere since 1978
- Classic tones for all types of music
- Hard-edged attack remains clear even at maximum distortion settings, ideal for heavy rhythms and cutting solos
- Works great as a booster at low distortion settings
- Unique tone control offers a wide range of sound shaping
- Doesn’t mask the unique sound characteristics of different guitars, pickups, and styles
- Turning down the guitar’s volume cleans up the tone without introducing muddiness
- BOSS five-year warranty
Nominal Input Level: -20 dBu
Input Impedance: 1 M ohm
Nominal Output Level: -20 dBu
Output Impedance: 1 k ohm
Recommended Load Impedance: 10 k ohms or greater
Controls: Pedal switch GAIN knob TONE knob LEVEL knob
Indicator: CHECK indicator (Used for indication of check battery)
Connectors: INPUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type OUTPUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type DC IN jack
Power Supply: Carbon-zinc battery (9 V, 6F22) or Alkaline battery (9 V, 6LR61) AC adaptor (PSA series: sold separately)
Current Draw: 20 mA
Expected Battery Life Under Continuous Use: Carbon: Approx. 24.5 hours Alkaline: Approx. 44 hours *These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.
Accessories: Owner’s manual Leaflet (“USING THE UNIT SAFELY,” “IMPORTANT NOTES,” and “Information”) Carbon-zinc battery (9 V, 6F22)